THE CANDLE

Heating Up Health: October 1st Weekly Horoscope

This week, we are lighting up the set of horoscopes long awaited by Mrs. Morrill; Health.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Drawings by Mikala Leshley

Drawings by Mikala Leshley

Drawings by Mikala Leshley

Drawings by Mikala Leshley

Sarah Rosenthal, Reporter

Aries: Aries, it can be easy to want to independently take on your journey to health. Follow the footsteps of great leaders such as Tommy Carter, although his drumming is the highlight of the football games, it is those playing with him that makes it so spectacular.

Taurus: If you are feeling overwhelmed today, Taurus, sit in on a mindfulness class with Ms. Scott. How you treat yourself while swamped with the homework you “forgot” to complete during homecoming week is important. Don’t forget that rest is just as important as activity.

Gemini: Although you may want to trot off campus and load up on Jo-Jo’s and Chicken tenders at Jackpot, that is not necessarily what you need Gemini. Asses your wants compared to your needs, and be sure to act practically with what you need.

Cancer: As you take care of yourself, you will realize there are a lot of things on your plate; getting good seats at the games, maneuvering the blood clots in the hallway, and getting your daily high five from Mr. Atkins. Cancer, you can lean on your friends to strategize, and take the best course of action.

Leo: Remember Leo, it’s not that you (a non-senior) are sitting on the first bleacher at the volleyball game, it’s how you handle it. Do you choose to get up? Or do you choose to stay put? Be aware of those around you, and most importantly, yourself.

Virgo: Virgo, letting go can be a difficult task for you, yet, it is important to replace old habits with new ones that will further improve you as a person. Don’t procrastinate your Lit Device Glossaries, get to bed at a reasonable time, and instead of getting chicken strips for lunch, opt for a Subway sandwich on whole wheat.

Libra: You must keep asking yourself, what does health mean to me? For some, health is running sprints with Mr. McNabb or doing “Tasty 10’s” with Mr. Sprenger, but, that may not be the right execution of health for you. Libra, find the health plan that makes you happy.

Scorpio: Scorpio, one of your greatest attributes is being even more realistic than Mr. Poster’s stories. Carry this through your health plan and remember to “factor, factor, factor” out things that you know are not attainable for you.

SagittariusIt can be hard to completely restart your chapter notes for APUSH Sagittarius, but starting from square one can often make things better than they were. Reboot your health plan and make it better than before.

Capricorn: There are adversities in your new health plan that you will have to face: you will be offered a free donut at the football game, a friend will ask if you want to go to DQ during lunch, and a friend will invite you to the pumpkin patch when you were going to go for a run. Persevere Capricorn.

Aquarius: In order to keep your mind in shape, your body must follow. Aquarius, you can start small. Park on the far end of the parking lot, take laps around the school during lunch (8 laps is a mile!), and journey to the auditorium bathrooms instead of the one closest to you.

Pisces: Pisces, it takes preparation to know how and when to care for yourself. Sometimes, the best way to figure out a schedule is to guess, and check. If your route to third period is particularly clogged, re-route yourself and try a different way.

About the Writer
Sarah Rosenthal, News and Analytics Editor

Grade: 12

Years on Staff:  First year on staff

Most Passionate About: Technical Theater, Music, Travel, Hot Tea and Friends

Favorite...

1 Comment

One Response to “Heating Up Health: October 1st Weekly Horoscope”

1. Mrs. Morrill on October 1st, 2018 9:43 pm

Great advice Sarah! Way to flex your health knowledge.

Comments are approved by The Candle staff prior to publication. We do not allow the use of anonymous comments, false names, email addresses, or any other false information in comments. If you believe an error has been published in an article please email us at [email protected]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Heating Up Health: October 1st Weekly Horoscope

Editorial

Let’s Pass on Hall Passes

Boy's Soccer

Boys Soccer Shoots To Improve For The Remainder of The Season

Arts & Entertainment

Who Will Strike Your Match? October 15 Weekly Horoscope

News

An Alternative Avenue

Arts & Entertainment

Anthems of the Age: Weekly Horoscope (10/08 – 10/12)

Arts & Entertainment

Love At First Write: September 24th Weekly Horoscope

News

Inconsistent Room Temperatures at SHS

Boy's Swimming

Swim Season Splashes Into Action

Arts & Entertainment

Survival Guide: J Term Editon

Travel

SHS, Beware of These Places

The Student News Site of Scappoose High School