THE CANDLE

Katie Plunkett Gets That Bread at Fultano’s Pizza

Katie Plunkett, a junior at Scappoose High is currently working at Fultano’s Pizza in order to save up for a car.

Emma Kessi, Reporter

Katie Plunkett is a junior here at Scappoose High School and is currently working at the Scappoose Fultano’s Pizza. She started about two months ago, working at the Pizza and Salad bar. She works roughly 16-20 hours a week and plans to use the money she makes to buy herself a car. 

Katie says that is is difficult to find a balance with her academic responsibilities, but she always finds a way to make it work.

“I have to keep school my priority, that’s the promise I made my mom when I got the job.” She will occasionally bring her homework to work if she has an especially large load of assignments.

Her favorite thing about her job is the atmosphere and her co-workers. Katie says work can be pretty stressful at times, but her co-workers always encourage her to keep going even though it may be tough. “Even though I haven’t worked here too long I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else.”

The next time you stop by Fultanos for some pizza or salad, take a peek around to see if Katie is working.

About the Writer
Emma Kessi, Reporter

Grade: 11th

Years on Staff: First year on staff

Most Passionate About: Traveling, playing soccer, photography, and cooking.

Favorite...