THE CANDLE

The Flop that is Fallout 76

The Flop that is Fallout 76

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Flop that is Fallout 76

Aaron Cohn, Reporter

Fallout 76 was released early November and has already upset fans, with a  5/10 rating on Metacritic.

It is normal for Bethesda games to be full of glitches, however Fallout 76 has topped all of them. After a bug that literally deletes the game off your PC was noticed, Bethesda responded with “Don’t press any buttons on the client.”

Not only is there this glitch, but if you launch three nukes at once you end up crashing the server. (Note there have not been bugs like this in other Bethesda games, unless you use mods. Bethesda games are notorious for funny bugs, however in Fallout 76 the bugs are just sad.)

Fallout 76 is just like any other Fallout game. The creators eliminated NPCs in Fallout’s new addition, while now there is a small amount of main quests with no real objective to the game.Without the juicy story, the game feels lackluster due to this lack of story. This is probably the reason why the game is getting so much hate. It does not feel like a Fallout game, more like the game ‘Rust’ in addition with some minor story.

The game visually looks nice, I will give it that, however a piece of shiny garbage is still garbage. I predict that the life span of Fallout 76 will be short. The game is not for the die hard Fallout fans. If I were to look at this game not under the Fallout series, but a new game from Bethesda, maybe I would not call it a waste. I would say it’s similar to Elder Scrolls online, with less of a developed story.

From a game play stance, it’s mediocre for an online survival game. Gamers have waited three years for this game, and it came with many flaws on PC and even console. Unless the game is $15, it is not worth your time or money. I would give it a 5/10, only if you have friends to play with. If you do not have friends to play with, then I would rate it a 3/10. The game has decent graphics, but for the lack of content to price ratio it is not worth it.

About the Writer
Aaron Cohn, Photo Editor

Grade: 12

Years on Staff: Second year on staff

Most Passionate About: Magic The Gathering and spicy food

Favorite...