THE CANDLE

How to Get Ready for Prom in Three Days

Don’t let prom stress you out, I’m here to help you have the cute and fashionable last minute prom looks.

Back to Article
Back to Article

How to Get Ready for Prom in Three Days

1. Make any needed appointments.
  2. Go get your nails done a few days before prom. I got mine done on the 27th.
  3. Day of prom get your hair or if your doing it yourself get it done first
  4. Then do your makeup.
  5. Get your dresses and tuxes on.
  6. Go take pictures! I’m taking my prom picture in my aunts backyard because Mt. Hood is in the background of the photos if we take them in the right spot.
  7. Go out to dinner or do something fun before prom.
  8. Go to prom and have the best time you possibly can. Don’t let anything get in the way of you and your date or you and your friends.
  9. After prom say goodbye to your friends and your dates.
  10. If you don’t want to go home yet, go out for a midnight snack with some friends or go to a movie or just got home and to bed then post all the fun pictures you took.

Prom is May 4th, at the Mittleman Jewish Community Center (MJCC) from 7:30-10:30 and it feels like it’s tomorrow. I don’t know about you but I sure am stressing out about it and want my night to be perfect. I have made a hair and makeup appointment at Paul Mitchell. Honesty I’m still deciding what to do with my hair but I do know what I’m doing with my makeup. Paul Mitchell is a great place for you ladies to go to get your hair and makeup done, I’ve been there a few times and loved it.

Whether you have a dress that goes all the way around your neck or something like that with a sweetheart neckline you can never go wrong with an updo for prom. If you have a high neckline I recommend that you wear your hair up so you can show off you beautiful dress, but for strapless dresses, I would wear your or half up and half down. A half and half look has never done me wrong.

Now that your hair is done it’s time for your makeup.  I think the key to a classic prom look is a cute simple eye look, you could go with a smokey eye with just neutral colors or you could do a light color with your eyes, I am doing a pink, silver/gold, and a light purple. Make sure not to over power your dress with a crazy eye especially if you have a patterned or very bold dress.

I got mine from Abby’s Closet, but if you need a dress go to Macy’s, they have super cute dresses at an affordable price. I got my hoco and winter ball dresses freshman and sophomore year. You can always get a cute and fun last minute dress there. Also “Alterations by Heather” in St.Helens has beautiful dresses for prom.

After you get your hair and makeup done it’s time to go take pictures, go out to dinner, and then go dance your butt off and have the best night you can. I am so excited to see everyone there I can’t wait to see all the beautiful dresses, hair and makeup looks! Prom is a place to make memories with your friends and have fun. Hope to see you all there!